The Vehicle Recovery Endorsement consists of two unit standards:
- Unit Standard 24089 - Fatigue Management, Work Time and Driver Logbook Requirements (if not already achieved)
- Unit Standard 17580 - Vehicle Recovery
In order to qualify for this course you must have:
- Resat and passed a full licence test (unless completed in the last 5 years)
- A Medical Certificate (if a previous medical certificate has not been submitted to AA or VTNZ in the last 5 years)
The course consists of:
- Up to 2 days in the classroom completing the theory section of the course. We aim to complete one unit standard per day.
- Up to 1 hour driving in preparation for the full licence test (if required)
Once the course has been successfully completed you will receive a NZTA Certificate. This certificate must be produced to VTNZ/AA with the correct application form (DL20) to have the endorsement added to your licence. Additional fees will apply.
The Vehicle Recovery Endorsement requires renewing annually or every 5 years.
$450.00 for Vehicle recovery unit only 17580
$650.00 if 24089 needs to be obtained or refreshed
Courses run on demand