This course is designed to motivate and train anyone to be the first responder and to provide immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the half-day course (with completion of the student learning pack).
All courses are delivered in easy to understand terms so that participants leave feeling confident and have the fear removed from first aid.
A MediTrain Certificate and wallet card will be issued upon successful completion of the course
NZQA Unit Standards:
MediTrain is a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) providing First Aid Training nationwide. Our MediTrain First Aid Courses are recognised by Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) as a Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education.
6401 - Provide first aid (level 2 - 1 credit)
6402 - Provide resuscitation level 2 (level 1 - 1 credit)
Specific Topics Covered Include:
- Department of Labour guidelines
- Accident scene assessment & management
- Safety & Barriers
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - Adult / Child / Infant
- Choking - Adult / Child / Infant - Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal Bleeding
- Shock, Recovery Position & Heart Attack
- Burns & Scalds
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Head, Neck & Spinal Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Sprains & Strains
- Heat Exposure