This full Workplace First Aid Course will provide students with confidence, motivation and training to be a first responder and to provide immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
All courses are delivered in easy to understand terms so that students leave feeling confident and have the fear removed from first aid.
Holding a First Aid Certificate can be preferred by future employers. Therefore, increasing the availability of employment for many students.
This course runs for 1 full day.
$90.00 per student
A MediTrain First Aid for Schools Certificate will be issued upon completion of the course
NZQA Unit Standards:
MediTrain is a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) providing First Aid Training nationwide. Our MediTrain First Aid Courses are recognised by Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) as a Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education.
6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situations (level 3 - 2 credits)
6401 - Provide first aid (level 2 - 1 credit)
6402 - Provide resuscitation level 2 (level 1 - 1 credit)
Specific Topics Covered Include:
- Department of Labour guidelines
- Accident scene assessment & management
- Safety & Barriers
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - Adult / Child / Infant
- Choking - Adult / Child / Infant - Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal Bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position & Heart Attack
- Burns & Scalds
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Head, Neck & Spinal injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Sprains & Strains
- Heat Exposure
- Manage first aid in emergency situations overview
Contact us for more information or to book in your school for a First Aid Course today!
We Train You Gisborne
395 Childers Road
0800 891 375
(06) 281 0250
027 457 4561