This course is designed to motivate and train anyone to be the first responder and to provide immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the 12 hour course (8 hours class time & completion of the student learning pack).
All courses are delivered in easy to understand terms so that participants leave feeling confident and have the fear removed from first aid.
MediTrain Competency Certificate and wallet card will be issued on the successful completion of the course.
NZQA Unit Standards:
MediTrain is a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) providing First Aid Training nationwide. Our MediTrain First Aid Courses are recognised by Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) as a Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education.
6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situations (level 3 - 2 credits)
6401 - Provide first aid (level 2 - 1 credit)
6402 - Provide resuscitation level 2 (level 1 - 1 credit)
Specific Topics Covered Include:
- Department of Labour guidelines
- Accident scene assessment & management
- Safety & Barriers
- Primary assessment
- CPR - Adult / Child / Infant
- Choking - Adult / Child / Infant - Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal Bleeding
- Shock, Recovery Position & Heart Attack
- Burns & Scalds
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Head, Neck & Spinal Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Sprains & Strains
- Heat Exposure
- Manage first aid in emergency situations overview
Contact us for more information or to book your Workplace First Aid Course today!
We Train You Gisborne
395 Childers Road
0800 891 375
(06) 281 0250
027 457 4561